Sunday, June 17, 2012

We got a....

 Turtle! And his name is Quack!
 Last night we went to the Braves game, and we had to park in a different parking lot (Grey lot, we usually park in the blue lot). When we were walking in, one of the street vendors selling water and t-shirts, said, "get your turtle here!" What! Nathan said, "I want a turtle", and David said, "I always wanted a turtle". We asked the man if he would be there after the game and he said yes.
Soooo, after the game we got a pet turtle, and Nathan named him Quack.
Quack Rygmyr

Nathan is a proud turtle daddy


Quack's new habitat


 Yesterday morning, bright and early, David and I drove downtown and met grandpa Rygmyr to run the Braves Father's day 4-miler. This was my very first run/race ever. I had a good time. I would do it again. I couldn't quite keep the pace that David and Lance did, but that is ok.
 The race started by the stadium and went around Grant Park and ended back at the stadium on the warning track by home plate. This is a picture just after I finished the race, I was standing on the warning track at Turner Field. It looks so much bigger when your on the field!
 The race results-
David-54th place, #763 overall, time 41:27
Lance- 62nd place, #764 overall, time 41:28
Audrey- 72nd place, #1086 overall, time 49:29
After the race we had a yummy cookout at grandpa and grandma Rygmyrs, then of to the Braves game. Unfortunately the Braves lost to the Orioles, boo. It was a fun Father's day for us!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your top looks familiar..Like out of MY closet???
Heather