Saturday, July 18, 2009

The best game ever!






Last night we went to the Braves baseball game. It was the best game ever! Before the game started the Braves retired Greg Maddux's jersey number (31). Earlier in the day he was inducted into the Hall of Fame. It was really cool to watch since he is on my mom's list of her "top 5 most awesome people" list (and my mom wanted to marry him when she was growing up, she even had his poster on her bedroom wall). We got to the game to late to get Dale Murphy's autograph (he is also on her list). Too bad too because my mom keeps telling me that he will be one of my hero's when I grow up.
It was a great game. The Braves shut out the Mets 11-0. The first game I have gone to that the Braves won! After the game they had lots of fireworks. They were fun to watch, but they were really loud.
I fell right to sleep on the way home. It was a late night for me, but I was having so much fun!

1 comments:

Dan and Sherri Overton said...

That is so funny! Just yesterday Dan asked me if I ever had any posters on my bedroom wall growing up and I had to tell him about my Dave Justice obsession! Glad you got to see your boy!