Monday, March 30, 2015

Half Marathon!

Bonnie asked me two weeks ago if I would run the Savannah Women's Half Marathon with her. She had signed up to run it with a friend but her friend was not able to run it. I was not prepared at all, I said yes anyway. I figured even if I walked most of it I could say I did it.

We left Friday afternoon and got to Savannah with barely enough time to pick up our race packets and walk back to our hotel. We stayed the night at the Thunderbird Hotel "the hippest place to play in Savannah". It was kind of cool, they had RC Cola and Moon Pies for us in our room. On Saturday morning we stopped in the office for the continental breakfast before walking to the race. The Thunderbird Hotel was serving o.j. and Krispy Kreme doughnuts for breakfast. We got to the race about five minutes before it started and then, off we went! We started out running and after two or three miles decided to walk a mile, run a mile. We did that until the eleventh mile, then we had to run half a mile walk half a mile all the way through the finish at 13.1!
It was so physically exhausting! But we did it! We finished in 2:57.16! Under three hours! I was planning on it taking us four hours. We maintained a 13:24 mile pace for 13 miles. I am quite proud of myself for this accomplishment. I don't however plan on running another one any time soon.





Before
After



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both! Great job; we are proud of both of you! G & G in Idaho

Anonymous said...

Nice job sisters..Super proud of you both.. How did the leg do Aud?

Heather

Celeste said...

That's great! Way to go!

Celeste said...
This comment has been removed by the author.