Monday, August 4, 2014

KINDERGARTEN!

 SO EXCITED!!!
 Nathan woke up this morning and the first thing he said to me was, "Momma, we have to get up. It is the first day of Kindergarten!" 
We got up this morning and followed our "morning routine" of eating breakfast, brushing our teeth, getting dressed (Nathan wanted to skip the "make your bed" step), get his backpack ready and get out the door. Nathan was very ready to get out the door. 
On Friday we had "meet and greet". All Summer we had been planning on sending Nathan to Kennesaw Charter Science and Math Academy. Friday morning a friend called to tell me that Nathans chair was next to her daughters (Madison Bellard) chair at Kennesaw Elementary. I had completely forgot that I registered Nate there before we knew he got into the Charter school. So we decided we would go to the meet and greet at both schools. Both schools were great. Both teachers were great. Nathans take on it was KES had a bigger playground and LEGO table and KCSMA had a pet hamster in the classroom and a rock wall in the gym. We made a pro's & con's list and still couldn't make a decision. On Sunday we fasted and prayed about it, and decided we would make the switch to KES. It was closer (within walking distance), the lunches were cheaper ($2.15 vs $4, and we didn't have to order them at least 4 days in advance) and Nathan wouldn't have to wear a uniform (he really wants a pair of LEGO crocs). 
As a family we all walked Nathan to school and into his new classroom. His teachers were surprised to see us, they thought we would choose the Charter school so they didn't write Nathans name on anything but he went right in, sat down in his chair and started to color. Then he remembered the note he had to give his teacher (saying he would be walking home) so he did that, then went back to coloring. We said goodbye, he came and gave me a kiss and sat back in his chair. 
Yes, I cried some. My baby isn't a baby anymore!





His new school

Just before going in

At his new desk

Giving the teacher his note

acting sad


With his new teachers, Mrs. Weaver and Ms. Daily
 

Walking back home


This afternoon AJ, Tessa and I walked back to pick Nate up. When we saw him, he ran out the door and into my arms and gave me the biggest, bestest hug and said, "I love you momma!" (yes, it made me cry a little) but it made my day!
We are so proud of our little Kindergartener! Here's to a good year, Nathan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's so cool that he loves school. I remember that it was in his blessing to have a love of learning.

I love you Nathan Lance.

Aunt Llew

Carley said...

Kindergarten! Wow, time flies by way too fast. Good Luck, Nathan!