Thursday, June 13, 2013

Welcome baby Tessa

 On Monday morning, I woke up and I was having some contractions. They were 8-10 minutes apart, nothing to exciting. I had a doctor's appointment at nine and the doctor said that maybe in a week we would have the baby. After my appointment, I came home, got Nathan and we went to Target to buy David a Father's Day present. While we were there, my contractions became harder and two minutes apart. They continued for two hours, so we called the doctor and they told  us to go to labor and delivery triage.
When we got there they hooked me up and said they would monitor me for twenty minutes, well, an hour later they decided that the contractions weren't going away. They thought about sending us home with some pain medication, then they decided that they would have me (and David) walk the halls for an hour. It was so lame! When we were finished walking, they checked and I was rapidly dilating but Tessa wasn't head down anymore. She turned feet down when we were walking, so they had to do an emergency c-section.
 Tessa was born three weeks early on June 10th at 6:51 p.m. She weighed 6lbs 8oz. (the same as Nathan) and was 19 inches long. She is a happy, healthy baby. We are happy happy happy she is a part of our family.


We found out from grandpa Rygmyr that Tessa means "fourth child" in Greek. We didn't know that when we picked her name out but it is a very fitting name for her!

0 comments: