Monday, February 18, 2013

Our new kitchen floor

 David was supposed to go on a trip to Florida this week, but it was cancelled, so we decided that instead, we would re-do our kitchen floor.  We tore up the old laminate that was down, and put some backer-board down.

 We liked the idea of a mix of different size tiles, but we couldn't tell a pattern at the store, so we came up with our own pattern.
 Nathan was such a big help mixing the underlay.
 David was in charge of cutting the tiles, and I was in charge of laying the tiles (that was a lot more work than cutting).

 All laid, and ready to grout.
 David grouted half and I did the other half. Clean-up took us a while.
Tile done. Baseboards in. Oven and fridge back in place. All finished! And it looks great! We love it!

3 comments:

Fields Family said...

Wow! A kitchen floor in 5 easy steps. It looks really great! Good job to your whole family!

Anonymous said...

It does look very nice. Well done! G & G in Idaho.

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! If and when I get my own home, I will have you two come re-do it for me.
Love
Heather