Friday, January 10, 2014

Birds

We have two little finches like this one (Carolina Chickadee)
We got a bird feeder this Spring as something fun for the boys, well I have become quite the bird watcher this fall. I am quite amazed by the variety of birds we have attracted. All of these pictures were taken in this last week, none of them have been edited in any way. If some of them seem a little blurry, it is because when I opened the door to look at them through the screen door it frosted up because of our cold weather. I do not know why these birds have not migrated further South to warmer climates. I tried to get at least one good picture of each of our bird friends.
Our woodpecker

We think this is the female Cardinal (it is)



There are three of these birds (Blue Jay)

The male cardinal

Don't know what this one is, it is a grayish blue (Titmouse)


This is my favorite picture

A Wren? (Brown Thrasher)


Not sure what this little guy is either

I really like this woodpecker picture too. It was hard to get a good back view of him

Don't know what this one is, but he has awesome coloring (House Finch)
Upside down bird

I see you there (brown Nuthatch)

I guess the woodpecker is top heavy


If you have any information leading to the naming of these birds, let us know.We want to know who we are stalking.
(Since this original post, we have bought a bird book and are able to identify most birds in parenthesis)

0 comments: