Friday, September 27, 2013

Kids are sweet.

Nathan was so excited about school this week, unfortunately, on Tuesday his school called to tell me he had a fever. I picked him up at 10:30 and brought him home. He didn't have any other symptoms, so I was hoping that he would be able to go back to school on Thursday at the latest so he could participate in the cultural celebration. Well, all week he kept getting a fever every 12 hours. In between that he was fine, still no other symptoms.so today he was still unable to go to school, very disappointed. Since Nathan's class was highlighting Scotland, grandpa Rygmyr gave him a can of Haggis to take in. We decided that we would take the haggis in and see the castle they built (side note, I got a refrigerator box from Lowe's for it last week and made Nathan's day- mom of the year award!). When we got there and Nathan saw the kids in his class it was so sweet. His friend Alex came up to Nate and put his arm on Nates shoulder and said "Nathan, it's so good to see you". Then all the other kids came up and swarmed around him. We were only there a few minutes. When we were leaving, Madison (the girl he carpools with) started crying. I looked at Mrs. Tallis and she told me that Madison has really been missing Nathan. It was very very sweet. I called Madison's mom to tell her, and she told me that every morning this week that they turned to go to school, instead of our house Madison has cried. I am so glad to know that my little boy has so many good friends at school. What sweet little kids!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet! I am guessing that the sad look on Nathan's face in the last photo is because he can't stay and play! Hope he is feeling better for next week! G & G in Idaho

Anonymous said...

I hope he is feeling better! Way to go mom-of-the-year!

Llew