Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

I don't have very many pictures of this years 4th of July, I forgot my camera at home. On Sunday after church we went over to Grandpa and Grandma Rygmyr's house. That night we went to watch the fireworks in Snellville. They put on a pretty good show. Nathan loved it, he was so excited to watch them. He kept saying all the colors as they would burst. For a while he would say "ouch, the fireworks hit my head". Then he kept asking to hold them, he was pretty cute.

David and his dad ran the Peachtree Road Race on the morning of the 4th. It is a huge 10K (6.2 miles) in downtown Atlanta. They did a great job and finished 39,000th, practically first place (there were 57000 in the race). After that we had a cookout and played in the backyard. After all that we headed back o our house hoping to light off some fireworks there, but it started raining.

It was a really fun 4th of July weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the 10k. Glad you are home again David.

HA

Nichols Family said...

We were headed to a friend's pool today (sound familiar?) and Eli asked if Nathan was going to be there! I thought it was so cute. You and Nathan are definitely missed. I guess my kids will have to find someone else to be obsessed with. ;) Not me though, I'll forever be obsessed with you.